Friday, December 19, 2014

Last night's dinner

I made a HUGE cheese pizza for the kids. We had our own ingredients for dough in the AMB, I added crushed garlic, onion powder, basil, and parsley to it. It made dough for three hours and rose. I took the dough out of the AMB and managed to roll it out into a 13 x 9 baking pan and added the last 1/4 cup of spaghetti sauce (I had two jars in the fridge that were almost empty), used some deli cheese ends I bought a while ago, and topped it off with more onion powder, basil, parsley, and garlic.

I also took a pound of ground turkey our of the freezer. I made turkey meatballs and made a "Sweet sauce" of sorts. I chopped up a red and yellow pepper, half an onion, and two cloves of garlic. I added the veggies to the thawed out turkey, along with one egg, some Worcestershire sauce, and some breadcrumbs. I made 24 meatballs and baked them in the oven.

I had scrapped out the last of the spaghetti sauce that didn't' get used on the pizza. I had some older BBQ sauce packets in the fridge, along with some raspberry jelly that seen better days. So I combined all of the "sauces" into one, mixed them together in a bowl, and heated it up in the microwave.

When the meatballs were finished baking, I added them to the sauce, and made plates for the five of us. Each plate had two small pieces of cheese pizza and a few meatballs on it.

There's nothing left and the kids loved it. It also emptied out some of the condiments that were lurking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment