Wednesday, February 20, 2013

monthly finances and obligations (Updated)


monthly finances and obligations

I have a few health care obligations that have statements coming in. My daughter fell down the stairs a month ago. She went to the ER and had a CT of her head to make sure that she didn't suffer any ill effects. Those bills are coming in. My deductible was met with this visit, I'm waiting to see what the bills amount to. I will be paying these off very quick, as they put a dent in my planning process.

I managed to get our taxes done electronically at home. I was able to write off some mortgage interest (Wells Fargo A and B), some student loan interest, and four new pairs of glasses that I paid cash for in 2012. We are getting a small amount back from the state of VA, and a moderate amount back from the federal government. The returns have been accepted, I'm waiting to see that they have approved the tax forms. The web site states that it takes 21 days from when one files with the IRS. I filed on February 16th. I am not sure if I should open a savings account with my tax return, or pay off the Target obligation. The money from the federal government will pay off most of the obligation. I don't have an emergency fund, and according to Dave Ramsey's site, this is very important to have. I'm thinking that I may have answered my question.



KIA 277.11 a month PAID IN FULL as of January 2013.

JCPenny 202.00 total.l....100 a month. PAID IN FULL AND NOW CLOSED as of February 2013!!

Target 2680.31....150 a month (when JCP is paid, all is rolled into this account 377.11 plus the 150). We have about 6 or 7 payments to get this paid off in full. This starts in February with this weeks pay check.

Wells Fargo  (A) 25,000 YIKES! 90 a month, when Target is finished, everything will snowball into this account. It works out to 40 payments total! This will be paid off sometime in the future. I don't have a timeline yet for this obligation.

Student Loan 15,000 total another yikes! I pay 167.00 a month for my education. This is considered good debt as far as the government is concerned. This payment will continue until Wells Fargo A is paid off in full. When Wells Fargo A is paid off, then all the money will snow ball into this account until it is paid in full. I don't have a timeline for this obligation yet.

Mortgage 72,000 (was 90,000)  total....633.21 a month. I do pay my mortgage every month on time. I usually will add 100 dollars a month to the principle in addition to the regular payment. I have no time line when this will be paid in full.

Emergency Fund: 00000000


No comments:

Post a Comment