Saturday, July 7, 2012

Dinner 7/7

Today, I'm making meat loaf, suing 2 lbs of ground turkey, an egg or two, various seasonings, and for breadcrumbs, I have some "get balance" fiber cereal that has been hanging out that needs to be gone. I will crush this cereal, add the seasonings and spices to it, in place of breadcrumbs. I do have seasoned breadcrumbs that are not opened, but the cereal is one of those things that has been in the pantry forever. Using it in meatloaf will disguise the "nasty yuck cereal", and get it used in a nice manner. My other alternative is to throw the cereal away, and I hate to put food in the trash. With the meatloaf, I'm planning on making scalloped potatoes (box mix, been lurking) and steamed veggies. I'm trying to use what has been hanging out, and incorporate the new in.

No comments:

Post a Comment