Sunday, February 4, 2018

Health care costs January

I was going through my budget and added up some numbers regarding the high costs of January's medical costs that my family has incurred. We paid cash for all the copayments, procedures, medications, and follow up fees with radiology and hospital charges. We have private insurance through my work and I am thankful.

Here's the breakdown of costs out of pocket for January.

MD appointments 40 dollar co pays total 230 dollars.
90 day medications for the five of us (we take numerous ones for chronic conditions) 326.18
Radiologist fees 99.25
Hospital fees 53.48
Endoscope 515.15

The endoscope met my individual deductible of 400 dollars. If I need any other procedures, lab work, and anything besides meds or doc visit copays I will pay 10 percent until I hit max out of pocket.

Total cost for January medical costs was a whopping 1,224.06.

Oh my goodness. It's almost one full paycheck for a two week period at my job. We still have some bills coming in for February. I am expecting one for the anesthesia provider for the endoscope procedure and one for the follow up appointment with my GI doc. I am expecting a bill from the hospital that will cover the costs of their services for the procedure that my insurance does not pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment