Saturday, November 4, 2017

It's November

I am finally off orientation at my new job and working 12 hour night shift in the CVICU unit. I was able to locate new psych docs for the family and we found that the 90 day prescription service that is required for employees and their families to use is a god send.

Good RX  prescription discount program was a blessing also, but I found the 90 day mail order fabulous with two exceptions. The 90 day service does not cover my antidepressant, Viibryd, and I am paying cash at CVS to the tune of 251 dollars a month through Good RX. The insurance company has requested documentation from the doc about failed SSRI's in the past. I have failed Zoloft, Lexapro, and tried trintellix (which I liked but one of the side effects was severe itching). My other meds are covered for 90 days and have ten dollar co-payments.

My daughter's Abilify was 69 dollars through Good Rx for a month. My prescription coverage through work charges a 10 dollar copay for 90 days for the generic drug. This is a blessing since it is a huge savings.

My husband is beginning Latuda. Latuda is a newer drug that is very expensive. The psych doc is going to give them samples since the cost for my husband with medicare prescription coverage and my insurance coverage still charges us 570 dollars to get this filled. The doc stated that he would help us with a prescription scholarship for this drug.

My middle daughter takes Latuda and she has enough in her current prescription that we filled a month ago with what she brought with her in the move from Virginia to Florida. We will have to make sure that she gets a drug scholarship form filled out for this so that she can continue to take this as she has been on it for years. My old insurance had no issues with filling this prescription.

I did apply for disability benefits for my autistic son. We have an appointment at the local office on Monday November 13th. The "case manager" stated that he would qualify for "disabled adult child benefits" and that they need more information.

My girls have been working at Dollar General. They are the two only part time employees with the managers. This store has a high turn around rate and my girls tell me that there's drama. I explained to them that there is no perfect job and that when we go to work, we are there to do our jobs, and do them to the best of our ability. They are working 15 to maybe 20 hours a week. My girls are required to take part of their check to pay "rent" and we use it for gas money for the two vehicles.

My husband has given me 300 dollars of his disability check to help cover the monthly bills. If my son does get the OK to obtain benefits, I spoke to him about paying "rent" and he said "It is an adult thing" and "I can do that". He told me that he wants a checking account and a savings "like you Mom". Since we have moved here he has put in numerous applications for part time jobs, had one interview, and no success with obtaining a job.

I am working my three shifts a week and would like to not pick up any overtime. The savings is intact. The builder contacted us a week ago and told us that the house was going to close in late December because they were behind schedule. We got told yesterday that the house would close on or near December 8th. The first date of closing we were told was November 30th.

I have not given notice at our rental yet. I will give notice when we close on the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment