Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Meals today

I had a bagel with cream cheese, a cup of decaf tea, and a small peach. My son had an instant carnation breakfast shake. We bought a 6 pack of them in bottles for him. He has not been eating much and he is so thin. I am concerned about his nutrition. The bottles of carnation instant breakfast have 15 grams of protein verses the dry mix that has 13. The bottles are easier for him to get and use since he has a developmental disability.

My daughters had bowls of cereal.

Lunch consisted of a ham sandwich for me, my DH didn't want anything, my girls made sandwiches, and my son refused stating that he wasn't hungry.

Dinner consisted of the rest of the pork tenderloin in the crock pot with the remains of mushroom gravy I had in the freezer, mashed potatoes, and a small salad of sorts with two roma tomatoes, sliced cucumber, and two small yellow peppers.

I am completing the modules that are required for my work. I had 29 to start with and as of right now I have only 5 more to complete. I am making a lot of progress, but it gets tiring staring at a computer screen for hours at a time.

We did a load of laundry, folded about four loads, and my son put them away. We ran the dishwasher once and are about to run the second load in a few minutes. I didn't do dishes yesterday because I thought my family may want to do them (HAHAHA).

We got the water bill. The last water bill was 145 dollars for the month. This month is was 146 dollars and some odd change. I guess that is going to be our norm here in this rental. The rent is paid for October and November. The bills are paid in full. Our freezer is full, the pantry is full, and we are blessed.

I have learned a few things about us and our pantry since moving here to Florida and having limited funds. We are not buying things that won't be used. I no longer have the mystery challenge of what to do with odd and ends that have been in the pantry for a long time. I have used almost everything in the pantry when our funds are tight and found that my family will not complain if they are hungry enough.

I spent 198 dollars at Aldi on Thursday and it felt really good. I guess having my old job give me my vacation time in the form of a direct deposit works wonders for the budget, even if the federal government took a large sum of it to the tune of a bit more than 2 thousand dollars.

3 comments:

  1. Do you think maybe your son takes eating cues from dh who did not eat? I always just eat what is cooked and am okay with it. But, I don't have kids to make happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is 19 and is a special ed kid. He has autism and at times can be a bit difficult. He is 5'8 or 9" and weighs about 121 pounds. We had him last weighed in July at the doctor's office.

      He did drink the bottled carnation breakfast that my husband bought him. It has a lot of extra protein. We made meals yesterday and he did eat a bit better yesterday. As for today, he had a bottled instant breakfast and two peanut butter sandwiches.

      He doesn't ever ask for anything. He never really questions things. I just get concerned because he has very high energy, limited communication, and will answer no to most questions. It can be a challenge.

      Delete
    2. Kids on the spectrum are often thin, so that is not necessarily alarming. They are high energy and typically get lots of exercise.
      However, food allergies are also very common for these kids. In my experience they require more protein than the average bear, but less food. I would try to stay away from grains with him and encourage protein and veggies. I would also make sure he gets lots of sunlight or vitamin d as a vitamin d deficiency makes everything harder. Grounding at the beach seems to be a true blessing for them as well.
      God bless.

      Delete