Friday, September 8, 2017

Thursday

We have been keeping up to date with the local news regarding hurricane IRMA. Southern Florida has mandated evacuations. We are not in southern Florida but Lake county (here in central florida) has decided to open shelters tomorrow morning at 8 AM for residents. If needed we will go to the shelter and stay until it is safe to leave and go back to our home. We have a rental home that was built in 2005 and appears to be sturdy and safe. The property management company has contacted us several times to give us information how to be prepared. They requested that we contact them through email once a day to ensure that we are safe and well. They are also going to be coming to each property to assess for weather related damages.


What has been cooking? Thursday morning we had left over chicken for breakfast. The kids had left over fried chicken and the last of the baked beans for lunch. These two things are finally gone! Lunch for my husband and I was a small bowl of chicken salad that I made using the marinated chicken breast that I baked slowly the other night. We will have some of the marinated chicken left. I only marinated two large chicken breasts and this had made enough lunches for a couple of days.

Thursday night's dinner was steamed white rice over shredded chicken, carrots, and gravy. The other day I put the other two chicken breasts in the crock pot with a bag of baby carrots, and a can of cream of chicken soup and the last of the chicken stock I had in the freezer. This cooked all day and I shredded the chicken. This was able to feed the five of us last night with a small amount left over to be used today.

Tonight's dinner will be pasta, with meatballs, and sauce. We need a break from the chicken! I have a pound of ground beef thawing and will make meatballs out of it. I have to jars of spaghetti sauce in the fridge with 1/4 cup left in each one. I will finish those two end jars up and if needed open another jar from the pantry. The kids will have some Parmesan cheese on their pasta. We will either steam some broccoli or peas to have with our meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment