Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Two past meals...

The sausage veggie spaghetti sauce fed five of us, and I put four containers that hold two cups each of left over spaghetti sauce in the freezer. It's labeled, dated, and there will be no guessing that's in this one.

I made a chicken dinner the other night. I saved all the stock in the bottom of the crock pot. I let the fat harden in the fridge. Tonight, I took off the layer of fat and put it in a container to go to the landfill. I took two more containers and placed the gelatinous chicken stock in them, labeled, dated and placed them into the freezer.

I work hard to keep all left overs and get them used in a wise manner.

The chicken stock and spaghetti sauce join the other hidden surprises I have in the freezer. This helps keep my expenses low and maintain my budget.

I still have some chicken to take off the small bones and turn into another meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment