Monday, December 30, 2013

January Shopping

I bought the following and spent 120 dollars. Th amount is being put towards January budgeting. I put aside 300 dollars for the month, used for everything, included HBA, and pet food/litter. I have 180 left for the month.


4 bottles dawn dish soap
1 jug of laundry soup
2 frozen pizzas
6 colored peppers (red, yellow, orange)
2 lb block colby cheese
1 lb cheddar cheese
3 boxes of cereal (generic raisin bran, chex, and mini wheats)
20 rolls of TP
3 jars of peanut butter
3 boxes of oatmeal
6 lb bananas
popcorn microwaved
1 46 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
canned crushed tomato
ritz crackers
2 lbs celery
5 dozen eggs
I head of cabbage
gallon of milk
ibuprofen generic
tylenol generic
3 lb hotdogs
4 lb various sausages
24 jellos
2 loaves of bread
5 lb corn
2.5 lb peas
2.5 lb broccoli
2.5 lb green beans
1 lb mixed veggies

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog as I am in the same boat you are so commiserating and reading your posts really helps me as well. I shop double coupons at the regular store and fill in with aldis and occasionally trader joes for grocery shopping and cook a lot of the same meals (except my family wont eat soup except for chili - i still make homemade soup but freeze it for lunches for myself and my daughter). Anyway my comment was that I saw you buy microwave popcorn. If you don't want to go to the trouble of making popcorn on the stove or in a popper, the next best thing is to make popcorn in a plain brown paper lunchbag in the microwave (just tape the bag shut. Put it on the popcorn setting just like usual. It is way better tasting and cheaper than microwave popcorn. A little drizzle of either regular melted butter or Orville Redenbacher butter oil (really good and worth the money) and then some popcorn salt and you have great tasting microwave popcorn. I got a cheap bunch of brown paper lunch sacks at the dollar store to do this and a bag of store brand loose popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah for reading, from another Debbie. I have a small amount of regular popcorn left, but I don't like it to make it on top of the stove. The microwave and paper bad method sound easy enough.

      Delete