Thursday, April 9, 2015

Hey there

I want to apologize for the lack of posts in the past few weeks. I have been really busy with work, family, and my master's degree class. I appreciate the email to checking up on me.

We are all doing well. The kids are getting ready to finish for the school year. I'm hoping my daughter graduates. My oldest is working full time at night. My youngest is in 10th grade and seems to like it sill.

The last time I was blogging, I stated that I decided to join a gym. I did and pay for a personal trainer. I started at the gym on March 4th weighing 220.8 pounds. I am 5 feet 5 inches. I weigh 210 as of today. I am at the gym 6 mornings a week and stay for 30-45 minutes some times longer. I am eating loads of fresh veggies and fruit, and lean meats. I cut out bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, and stuff along those lines.

I will make more of an effort to get back into blogging about frugal living. I guess some would say that getting a gym membership with a personal trainer is not frugal, but my mental health has improved and my stress level is much better.

School is a work in progress. At 2225 a class, it's very expensive to be a graduate student. I am blessed to be able to pay cash for one class at a time, even though it's a bit difficult on the budget. I didn't want to take out a loan for this. I'm working on getting out of debt, even though I incur some debt being in class.

I hope everyone is well and in good spirits!

3 comments:

  1. Good heavens! Maybe you could give up sleeping and fit a little MORE into your life! Working, going to school, going to the gym, taking care of a family AND BLOGGING??? No wonder your stress level goes up at times. I've done it too--minus the gym, Never could find time for that until I retired. I finished my degree by night school---the last 9 years of it while I was working full time. It is not easy and I commend you on your ambition! Good luck with all your projects, and don't forget to relax and have some fun now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your weight loss & healthy lifestyle! I joined a gym in January, & have gained 2 lbs LOL.

    ReplyDelete