Thursday, August 8, 2013

Vet Bills

We have three cats...Cecelia is three, Pepper is one, and our old man, Butterscotch is 11.5 years....We get the cats to their annual visits in January every year, and get all the immunizations up to date.

We took butterscotch to the vet yesterday, had some blood work done. He's losing weight (1 and a half pounds since Jan), and found a small growth on him. Well, the blood work came back with great kidney function, great liver function, no s/s of infection, no cancer....but he does have DIABETES!!!!

It cost me 269 dollars yesterday. I  paid with my debit card and it came right out of my account. I'm waiting on the vet to call me back with a prescription for insulin. I didn't think cats could have diabetes. At least I'm a nurse and know how to check his glucose and give the injections.

No comments:

Post a Comment