Saturday, January 26, 2013

a very budget friendly day

Remember that whole chicken that wasn't cook all the way....well, I put it in the crock pot last night. I let tis simmer overnight, and this morning took the meat off the bones. We have a huge plate of nice looking cooked meat. I have three quarts of dark brown stock, and a plate of chicken for lunch today.

The big plate of meat is in the fridge, along with the stock. The smaller plate of meat, I diced up the chicken, and added 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce that was lurking in the fridge. We had bbq chicken sandwiches on some dinner rolls that were on clearance for 1.67 for 24.

the kids asked to go out for breakfast this morning. Instead, I made omeletes with eggs, dry milk, some butter (scraped out of the bowl to get the last bits, instead of opening up a new one), diced up two small pieces of lunch meat ham, and 1/4 thick peice of provolone cheese (about two tablespoons I guess). I added this to the omeletes and it was just awesome.

Dinner tonight will be left over BBQ chicken, and some egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment